Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Taking the dive....into CROSSFIT!!

So I have been interested in checking out Crossfit for awhile now, and I finally got a chance. I have to say, I think it may be exactly what I need to challenge myself and get out of my plateau.

As described on the Crossfit Website:

CrossFit is the principal strength and conditioning program for many police academies and tactical operations teams, military special operations units, champion martial artists, and hundreds of other elite and professional athletes worldwide.

Over the last week I have done 2 classes at Crossfit Guelph and I loved it!

What I love about it:

  • Group training atmosphere - Because let's face it, I am not motivated enough, and don't have enough knowledge to do it on my own.
  • Knowledgeable coach to motivate, coach and educate participants - I like a bit of hand holding to make sure I am doing it right, but also like to be independent
  • Setting fitness goals and working towards them - I like seeing results and working towards a goal, it keeps me motivated. I also feel like I am not progressing the way I want to with my fitness level. I see my level of cardio endurance increasing, but I am slacking in my strength training routine. I need to set some serious goals.
  • Benefits of Personal Training without the price. - I personally believe that fitness is a good investment. I am paying for knowledge and coaching, the same way I would pay tuition for a course. Although Crossfit is more expensive than a traditional gym, I feel like it is worth it. 
I am so excited to get started with this new fitness challenge. I watched the video below and it inspired me to want to be as fit as the ladies of Crossfit. Has anyone else out there had great success with Crossfit? Any tips to offer?


No comments:

Post a Comment