Thursday, November 3, 2011

Love!! - Check out this Blog.. Strong is the New Skinny


I came across this blog through a friend of mine on Facebook.
I absolutely love it! and I hope you will find it inspiring as well.
I am a firm believer that women should place more focus on being strong and fit rather than fitting into a specific dress size or weighing a certain number on the scale.
Although it is nice to step on the scale and see a lower number, I stopped caring about that number years ago.
I realize that it doesn’t matter what that number says, it matters how I feel. I also know that even though I weigh as much as 50lbs more than some of my friends, I am in far better shape.
I have the stamina to teach an hour long spin class, participate in a gruelling hour long boot camp class and run almost 8km straight.
I have the strength to do push ups from my toes, lift the heaviest weights in a fitness class and the core strength to balance on a bosu ball.
I am pretty sure this blog is focused around Crossfit training, which my friend is involved with and is something I am interested in getting involved with.(I actually have a orientation session booked for wednesday) It’s based on the principal of improving strength through fitness challenges in a group based training environment….which sounds exactly like my type of thing. I am very excited to check it out and will post a review afterwards.
More info on Crossfit here…

No comments:

Post a Comment