Monday, November 28, 2011

Crossfit - Getting Started - Training Session #3

This past Friday I had my final, and most challenging Crossfit session. In this session I learned the Deadlift, the Snatch and the Clean.

The Deadlift was definitely the easiest of the three to learn, but it was also a far cry technique wise from what I have been taught in fitness classes.

The Snatch was the most challenging move for me to grasp. It uses a wide grip and the starting position of a deadlift, but then also a jump and pull action and the movement of getting under the bar, similar to the split jerk, but into a squat position. This work is going to take me alot of work to perfect I imagine.

The Clean was a move that I had a bit of experience with from my first two drop in classes that I took, so we spent less time working on this.

So now I am finished all of my private sessions and tonight I am heading to my first actual class as a member of crossfit!! Here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment