Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My name is Sarah and I am addicted to workout clothing....

So I am just going to come out and say it... I am addicted to workout clothing.
I find myself frequenting lululemon.com at least once a day and browsing e-bay contently for the next great deal.

This past week I made a trip to Lululemon Athletica (Square One) and made quite a hefty purchase. Because this trip only happens every 3-4 months because of distance and prices, I find myself going a little crazy when I am there. On this trip, I ended up purchasing a hoodie, a running pullover and a pair of crops. Before I go, I like to assess what I have and what could fill the holes in my workout wardrobe. I knew that I needed to buy another pair of crops, so I picked up another pair of my trusty groove crops, in a size down!!  (I now have 6 pairs of good crops, one for each workout day of the week)


As the weather is getting colder, I am still pushing myself to continue to run outside so I splurged on a Run For It Tech Fleece Pullover. I also think this will be great for layering under my snowboarding gear and wearing too and from the gym. Although it is still a fairly new product, and is still in stores, it is now gone from the website. You can check out pictures HERE on one of my favourite  blogs (luluaddict.blogspot.com) This pullover runs a bit small in the arms and shoulders and I ended up going with the bigger of the two sizes that I normally wear so that it would not ride up and so that I could layer underneath it. Some of the great features are the offset zipper, hand warming cuffs and ponytail hole in the hood (which I think looks rediculous, but I would use it in a pinch).

I also picked up one of their headbands (the kind that keeps ears warm) which I love. It is made of Luon, so it wicks sweat and keeps ears warm at the same time. This product has also disappeared from the website, but is still available in the stores.

Now, I know Lululemon is expensive, I only treat myself every once and awhile. I also have found lots of other great cheaper alternatives that fit and work just as well as Lululemon products. Also - fellow instructors, make sure you sign up for the Research and Development Program at Lululemon to receive 15% off your purchases (regular and sale priced items!!)

I am also a huge fan of Nike products - I find their DriFit crops and pants fit very well on me. I wear a size M in Nike tops, bottoms and bras. (I usually wear around a size 8/10 in most clothes, including Lulu) The Nike Pro DriFit collection is my favourite. Their tees tend to fit long, which is great for running. There is also various local outlet stores in Canada to find product at, as well as a great Outlet Store just across the border on Military Rd., Niagara Falls, NY. (There is also an Under Armour Outlet there as well)

If you are making the trip to the states, you should also check out good old Target. I love their C9 by Champion Line of workout clothing and am very excited that they are coming to Canada in the next year.

If you are stuck in good old Canada, and have a limited budget to update your workout clothing with. Check out Joe Fresh Style at Zehrs or Real Canadian Superstore, they have a good line of affordable workout clothing. (I save up my PC points and use them here.)
Old Navy and Walmart are also two good places to look for workout clothing. Their designs and materials have improved in the past year. I recently found a pair of pants at Walmart that are the closest thing to Lululemon's Grove pant ($99) that I have ever found and the best part is, they are reversible and they only cost $30!!

Ok...enough from me...I think I need to seek some type of therapy....over and out!

<3 Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment