Thursday, November 3, 2011

Seeing Improvements...

Today’s cycle class also marked the 6th week of classes. I asked my participants, some of who were brand new at the start of the semester (I teach at a university) if they had noticed any changes to their strength and endurance during the class compared to when we started 6 weeks ago. Many of them said yes!
As I started a long endurance hover drill, I looked up and it almost brought me to tears when I saw them all in perfect posture, eyes up, hips back, ready to go! They stayed with me the whole drill giving it their all.
It was one of those moments that really made me realize why being a fitness instructor is so important. You are there to push people and make them better, issue challenges and hope that they take them.
Moments like that make the countless hours I spend planning every class to flow and have the right music all worth it.
-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment