Thursday, November 3, 2011

ALBUM REVIEW: Arkells - Michigan Left

Released October 18th 2011
I actually really love this new album from one of my favourite groups, the Arkells. It is a strong follow up from their first album Jackson Square (2008).
This album is full of songs with great rock beats, perfect for jamming out in the car or dancing around your living room. I could probably even get away with a few of the songs for my spin classes. I also feel like this album would also make for a fantastic concert. 
The one other thing I love about this album is that they have loads of Canadian, more specifically, Ontario references scattered throughout many of the lyrics. It’s always a nice touch to be able to relate to a local band. Overall great album. I recommend checking it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment