Friday, November 18, 2011

Crossfit - Getting Started - Training Session #1

This morning I had my very first into to the various basics of lifting in Crossfit. I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised with myself, but also slightly disappointed in myself that I couldn't do more.

Overall, I was told I had good posture, strength and flexibility....but also have room for of improvement. One area that I am going to need to focus on is core strength....and pull ups...

After 2 decent runs and teaching 3 spin classes in the last week, I was unfortunately feeling the effects in my hip flexers/quads which made it difficult to fully perform when learning the squat techniques. Today I learned to do the front squat, back squat and overhead squat. After years of doing squats in group fitness classes, I realize that I have been lacking some technique that is sometimes hard to focus on in the fast pace of a fitness class. I feel like this will be something I am going to have to focus on from now on in Crossfit classes. (I also feel like I am going to be hurting a bit tomorrow, which is why I am hitting up a yoga class tonight to recover.)

Session two will be next week where I will learn some basic lifts. Looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment