Saturday, November 19, 2011

ALBUM REVIEW: Kelly Clarkson - Stronger


It's been a little while since I have done an album review so here is a quick one. Kelly Clarkson's new album, Stronger is her 5th album and two and a half years since her last album.

Honestly, I'm not quite sure what to think of this album. I like how she has revisited some of her bluesy attitude that I liked on her earlier album, but I don't find any of the songs particularly catchy, except for "What doesn't kill you (Makes you Stronger)",  and "Don't be a girl about it" which have made it onto recent spin class playlists. Some of the slower songs may grow on me but I recall there being a lot songs that I skipped half way through. I found them generic, boring, too poppy or busy and just over all uninteresting. I want her to go back to those simple, clean melodies and catchy hooks that let her voice shine and stop looking for over-produced tracks and trying to be "edgy" or "different". Overall, unimpressed, I was hoping for more, I know she is capable of more and has a great voice. I think she needs to work with better writers and producers and possibly go back to her style from her first couple albums. Less is more Kelly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment