Friday, November 25, 2011

Crossfit - Getting Started - Training Session #2

Yesterday morning I had another session at Crossfit. This was my second of 2 sessions. During this session I learned the series of presses (Overhead Press and Push Press) used in Crossfit as well as the Split Jerk.

Here is a link to a pretty good explanation article of the Push Press on the Crossfit Journal http://www.crossfit.com/journal/library/PushpressJan03.pdf

Also here is a demo of the split Jerk.

What I leaned in this session, these movements use so many more parts of the body that I every imagined they would. I am now learning to be more body aware and using my core muscles in every movement. What I also learned...these three presses are each more powerful easier to use move heavier weight than the next, the press being the least and the split jerk being the most. I have to say, I felt extremely strong and powerful being able to press a 75lb bar over my head multiple times in all positions :)

Overall great session, I'm learning so much. I have my third and final session on Friday. More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment