Sunday, November 20, 2011

Running with Santa??

A Family that runs together stays together? One thing that I have been blessed with is a great extended family, and not only are they awesome to drink, eat and party with, but they are also awesome to work out with.

Remember when I told you about my first 5km race? Well I ran that with 5 of my cousins and my aunt, while numerous other cousins, aunts, uncles and my dad cheered us on. It was amazing to have such a big group there motivating each other.



Last year, I went to watch as my aunt, uncle and two cousins participated in the annual Santa Claus Race in Burlington, Ontario. Dubbed the largest all-Santa race in Canada, it boasts over 3000 people dressed in Santa suits. I have to admit, it was very cool to watch them all take off from the start line. Check it out here.


This year, a group from our family is again signing up to run this 5km race. It's sure to be quite the experience. I am nervous and excited, and also glad to have my family joining me. Hopefully my training will also pay off and I will have a good time! I wonder if dogs are allowed, I think it would be awesome to take Cyper (my neighbour's dog) with me and dress him up as a reindeer to pull me along ;)

1 comment: