Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Fitness Product Review - Fitbit

This review comes via my mom and her new fitness product.

Remember awhile back I told you all about the UP by Jawbone? Well I thought that it was going to be such a great gift for my mom....however I went home for dinner and to visit my parents this past Sunday night and she showed me her new toy...the Fitbit, which is basically the exact same thing as the UP. So there goes my gift idea....at lease I was on the right track...


The Fitbit, similar to the UP tracks sleep patterns, steps, distance and calories, and gives users the option to download data to the computer and track food choices. Although I haven't had the opportunity to check out the UP first hand, I did like the fitbit because it works independently of the Ipod/Iphone and also has a digital screen to check your progress throughout the day. I also liked that it will upload to your computer automatically and wirelessly through a reciever, whenever you are in range. The other neat thing that I noticed is that it tracks the number of flights of stairs you climb throughout the day.

I suppose this product is the ideal solution for someone who does not have an Iphone/Ipod, but would still like to track their progress with a computer program. (Although there is an available Iphone/Ipod app for people who would like to track on the go.) Since they cost the same amount ($99), it really is just a matter of preference. Would you rather clip something to your waist/clothing or wear it around your wrist. I think for me, I like the idea of having a waterproof bracelet that you never take off, which makes it far less easy to lose.

Overall, my mom is very happy with her new fitbit and is excited to meet her step and calorie goals as well as track her sleep patterns.

Here is another REVIEW of the fitbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment